WHY BUY FROM GREEN OVERHEAD?
✅ Secure shopping
✅ Pay with credit / debit card, PayPal or Amazon Pay
✅ We surf, with over 100 years experience between us
✅ UK phone and email support
✅ Custom build your own surfboard
✅. A huge range of brands
✅ Exclusive brands
✅ Easy returns
General Warranty Information and Policy
We stand by the performance and quality of every product we make. As such we offer a comprehensive warranty to repair or replace any Dakine product that does not fulfil our high quality standards. If the product is found to be faulty under normal use and proper care, Dakine will repair or replace the product at our discretion. The decision to replace or repair a product is made by Dakine after the defective product has been sent to us. At no time does Dakine offer a refund. Defective product should be returned CLEAN AND DRY and postage prepaid. The return should also contain a note which should include returns number, product description, product defects, requested action, return address (including postcode), daytime telephone number with area code, customer/accounts name and a copy of the purchase receipt (general public enquiries only).
Selected Flatlocked Wetsuits and GBS wetsuits: Limited 1-year warranty from date of purchase on workmanship and materials - Zips and Liquid seal excluded.
ACCESSORIES: Limited 90-day warranty, from date of purchase, on workmanship and materials.
Using the Warranty
There are 2 ways to use the warranty:
1. Return to store: (Retail Customer). Go back to your local Dakine dealer, they’ll send your suit to our Dakine service centre. You must have proof of purchase (receipt or invoice).
2. Dakine Wetsuits repair service (Trade and Retail Customer). Send the product back to Dakine by certified mail, along with proof of purchase (receipt or invoice). Your wetsuit will be returned to you as soon as possible free of charge (if covered under warranty).
- Dakine does not accept color or size exchanges.
- Product may not be returned without obtaining a Return Authorisation number from Dakine. This returns number must be clearly visible on the outside of all returned packages. The issuance of returns is subject to the sole discretion of Dakine.
- All returned products must be shipped freight prepaid. Unauthorised packages/returns will be refused.
- Authorised returns will be credited back to the dealer’s trade account including the discount terms after receipt of the product.
- Dakine has the right to refuse any returned product that is damaged by any means including but not limited to improper packing or improper display methods at dealer’s location, or damage caused by customers.
- “Discounted,” “Discontinued,” “Seconds” and altered suits are FINAL SALES ONLY. NO RETURNS FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER (SUITS WITH INTERNAL LABELS MISSING ARE VOID OF WARRANTY UNLESS INSTRUCTED OTHERWISE).
The following will not be covered under warranty:
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in materials or workmanship.
- Use in commercial, rental, teaching or instructional programs or activities.
- Damage caused by extended or excessive exposure to sunlight, improper handling or storage, or failure to follow instruction provided with this product.
- This product when classified as being 2nd hand or it is being sold as a 2nd (it is being sold as a product with existing defects).
- Normal wear and tear, including scratches and fading.
- Wetsuits repaired/altered by a repair service other than Dakine.
- Materials over 1 year (from date of original purchase) or 90 days for accessories.
- Warranty request without original receipt.
- Damage caused by contact with chemicals (chlorine, petrol etc).
If there’s something wrong with your order, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist with returning and replacing or refunding your order.
For more information, please see our returns page.
If you don't find the answer you are looking for please email us on email@example.com or call us on 01803 659770.
- What are your opening hours?
We are open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays.
- Are you online only or do you have a store?
We have a showroom at our office where we have everything on display. We welcome anyone during our normal opening hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Call us on 01803 659770.
- Can I order something and collect it in person?
Yes. Please select Click & Collect as the shipping method at checkout. We will give you a call to make arrangements.
- I want to collect my order but can't get in during office hours
Contact us and we can arrange something for you.
- How do I know what size leash I need for my board?
A surfboard leash should be roughly the same length as your surfboard.
- What surf wax should I use?
It depends on where you are surfing. in the UK, we tend to use cool wax in the summer and then cold wax in the winter. For warmer climates like Morocco we would recommend a warm water surf wax and for more exotic locations such as the Maldives, we would recommend a harder tropical wax.
- How do I know what litres I need in my board?
This depends on what type of waves you are surfing and how often you go. Please contact us and a member of our team will be able to help you with this.
- Do I need a summer or a winter wetsuit?
Most people use a summer wetsuit from May-October and then a winter wetsuit from November-April. However, if you are looking for 1 wetsuit to use all year round we would recommend a winter wetsuit.
- What is the difference between FCS and Futures fins?
These are 2 different fin systems so it is really important to check what system your board is running before you order fins. If you are unsure please contact us and a member of our team will happily help.
- What board do I need if I want to learn to surf?
Traditionally Mini Mals are a good starting point as they have plenty of volume and are still easy to manoeuvre. This does, however, come down to the weight and height of the rider so please contact us so we can discuss the right board for you.
- I am interested in a custom Pyzel Surfboard, what do I do?
Head over to our Pyzel custom builder and fill in a few details. A member of our team will give you a call to discuss all the custom options available to you. If you are unsure about which Pyzel surfboard to go for please contact us and a member of our team will happily help.
- I am interested in a custom Sharp Eye Surfboard, what do I do?
Head over to our Sharp Eye custom builder and fill in a few details. A member of our team will give you a call to discuss all the custom options available to you. If you are unsure about which Sharp Eye surfboard to go for please contact us and a member of our team will happily help.
- My custom surfboard is taking longer than expected, what can you do?
Our advertised delivery time for custom surfboards is a rough guide. Sometimes it can be quicker than advertised and sometimes it can take a little longer. We will always try our best to get you in the water as quickly as we can on your new board. Please contact us for an update.
- What are Green Overhead doing to help sustain our oceans?
We love the ocean as much as you do and try our best to offer as many products as we can that use recyclable packaging. We use Flexi-Hex to pack our surfboards and use recyclable cardboard boxes for all our other orders. We even offer Eco-Friendly Gecko Surf Wax too.
- Do you guys surf?
Between us we have over 50+ years of surfing experience and industry knowledge. We surf as much as we can, testing the products we sell, to give you our honest opinions and make sure you find the right products to suit your needs.
Still have questions? Please contact us.
HOW MUCH DOES DELIVERY COST?
DPD next working day delivery is available on all UK orders.
- Orders over £35 (excluding surfboards): FREE
- Orders under £35: £4.95
- Surfboard orders: £19.95
HOW FAST IS DELIVERY?
We aim to pack and ship all orders the next business day, if ordered between Monday and Friday. The cut off time for orders to be dispatched that day is 3pm. Weekend and Bank Holiday orders will be fulfilled the next business day.
Delivery times within the UK are generally next working day but this can sometimes be delayed.