* PLEASE NOTE * - All Pyzel Surfboards are made to order with an approximate lead time of 4-6 weeks. These boards are fully customisable so if you would prefer something other than the standard dimensions shown or would like to add a custom spray to your order please head over to our custom builder or give us a call on 01803 659770.
The Pyzel Phantom surfboard is the Step-down version of John John Florence's current favourite model the Pyzel Ghost. When Pyzel first brought out the Ghost they had no idea that its unique design would come to be embraced by so many people in so many different types of waves. However, the one bit of feedback they kept hearing was that it was that it works best in waves shoulder-high and up, so they looked at making a step-down board that would bring that same feel to the head-high and under days that make up most of our daily surf sessions.
The Pyzel Phantom is a Pyzel Ghost squashed down, souped up, and with added volume, great for your everyday sessions in less than epic conditions.
Pyzel left the same Ghost rocker but added more single concave to flatten it out through the centre, helping to create speed and flow without taking away from the overall performance or feel of the original design. The added width in the tail and nose create a more parallel, fuller outline that helps keep speed up through slower sections and tight turns. The rails are full but not chunky, giving you more floatation and speed without taking away the sensitivity that we all love in our boards.
Best in waist-high to slightly overhead waves of all types the Pyzel Phantom is your daily driver with a high-performance edge.
- Recommended User: Intermediate / Advanced
- Suitable Wave Height: 2-7 ft
- Ideal Spot: Beach Breaks / Point Breaks / Reef Breaks
- Tail: Squash
- Fin Setup: FCS II or Futures available
- Fins Included: No